* Lila deWeber began her Mary Kay venture in 1975 as a Day Care Provider in Spokane, WA.She currently lives in Semiahmoo–a gated community in Blaine, WA on the Ocean near Canada.
* She is married to her BEST friend John for 50 years, who is a retired School Teacher & they have 3 adult married & successful children and 9 grandchildren.
* She and John have been on luxurious trips to Maui, (staying at the Ritz Carlton), Vienna, Budapest, Prague, Venice, Rome & Florence, all compliments of Mary Kay Cosmetics.
* Lila has earned the use of 22 cars and has a Pink Cadillac Unit; she has won many gold & diamond rings, a bracelet and a watch, (approximately 25 carats worth), & a full-length mink coat, and 25 Unit Clubs.
* Her favorite Quote is: “If man advancesconfidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavors to lead the life which he hasimagined, he will meet with a successunexpected in common hours.”Henry David Thoreau
* In 2006, Lila was one of the Top Six Finalists for the Business Woman of the Year Award in Whatcom County, Bellingham, WA
* Lila has mentored and coached hundreds of women to a higher level of thinking and living through self-esteem workshops and daily coaching.
* Additional Co. awards:Ct of Sales 4x, Ct of Sharing 3x, highest annual production is $835,000 Retail.
I’d like to introduce myself to you. I’m married to a wonderful man, John, and a mother of three married children. We live in Blaine, Washington, which is a suburb north of Bellingham on the Canadian Border. My personal journey began in March 1975.
I had been married to John, who was a school teacher, for ten years and I had just recently quit a job with a very stable Life Insurance Firm. I decided to stay home and raise our children instead of a Day Care; so for lack of money, I started my own Day Care, and worked 12 hours a day...5 days a week. I had 6-13 children to take care of, along with my own 2, and I was pregnant with #3! One day my Avon Lady came to my home and told me about her daughter who was a Mary Kay Consultant, Carol. She gave me a facial...I was a hostess, and within 2 weeks I was a Mary Kay Consultant. I decided to start my Mary Kay business strictly for financial reasons. We were bringing home a very small amount each month, and there was always more month than money. Because of this need, I chose to hold 2-3 classes a week along with my 60 hours a week Day Care job. I became committed to my weekly training Success Meetings with other Consultants. Soon after getting into Mary Kay, Mary Kay got into me. I read my Consultant’s Guild and learned what this Company had to offer! WOW! What an inspiration! I decided I wanted to earn a Pink Cadillac, too!
I would like to tell you that life was easy...that John and I were completely happy...that I was not shy...that I knew everything about Cosmetics, and that everything was perfect; however, that was not the case. I can tell you, though, that life was challenging with all that was going on with us. Three months after beginning, I closed my Day Care, we sold our small home and went for a bigger and better one....and I had Child # 3. I made a decision to make this Mary Kay business work! John and I attended our first annual Seminar in Dallas when I realized I had a lot to learn and the women who had that knowledge would gladly share.
We realized that a Mary Kay career fit into our future plans, so I went to work holding Mary Kay parties! Within a year, we realized that this was a great fit for our family and for me. My next goal was Directorship. I had some personal growth to do before I was ready to lead a unit. The beauty of our career path is that the preparation for the next position comes during the process of moving up.
In January 1978 I debuted as a Sales Director. Since then our Unit has steadily climbed to be one of the top Units in all of Mary Kay. I have driven a free car since 1980. We are currently a Pink Cadillac Unit. Our Unit has been recognized as a top performer in Unit Clubs every year since 1981, with our highest year being $800,000 retail! John and I have been honored to earn free Top Director Trips to Hawaii, Austria, Hungary, Prague, and Italy. All of these accolades represent women of excellence—women who have a vision and a passion to step out of their comfort zones and create a balanced life with their faith first, family second and career third.
My goal for our Unit is to achieve the Million Dollar Circle of Excellence, but my purpose is to support women to live out their dreams. It is such an honor to teach and lead in this wonderful company. I pray my story will inspire you to “hitch your wagon to a star”, use your God-given gifts, and help make your dreams come true in Mary Kay! Blessings! Lila